Our Commitment To Privacy
Last updated: June 30, 2020
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The Information We Collect:
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the our website or within our payments software. On some pages, you can order products, make requests, and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Fax number
- Type of business
- General other business information
- Types of Payment Services used or desired
- Aggregate sales volume information
The Way We Use Information:
We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order or otherwise provide you a proposal for services. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order or service proposal request.
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
If you register to make an online payment; we will only use your email for purposes of sending you an email receipt or otherwise contacting you about your payment.
You can register with our website if you would like to receive our catalog as well as updates on our new products and services. Information you submit on our website will not be used for this purpose unless you fill out the registration form. Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We are a registered service provider with Visa and Mastercard, and comply with all applicable data security programs.
Our Commitment To Children’s Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Merchant Account Service
Applying for a Merchant Account: If You apply for a merchant account from or through us, we may use and disclose the Information to evaluate your eligibility for a merchant account, including disclosure to consumer reporting agencies, relevant financial institutions, and other entities involved in providing the merchant account services. We may also use and disclose your Information during the course of providing or procuring on your behalf the merchant account services.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by contacting our office. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information.
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The Personal Information about you that we collect includes information within the categories of data defined by California state privacy laws and provided below. Under the CCPA, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked with a particular consumer or household. Personal Information does not include:
- de-identified or aggregated information;
- “publicly available information” that is lawfully made available from federal, state, or local government records; or
- information excluded from the CCPA, such as Protected Health Information or medical information that is subject to HIPAA, or other personal information covered by certain other privacy laws, such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, or California Financial Information Privacy Act, and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We do not and will not sell Personal Information about you, as defined by CCPA. We also have not done so for the last 12 months.
RIGHTS AVAILABLE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Under the CCPA, residents of California are provided with certain rights regarding their Personal Information (as defined in the CCPA). The following section outlines these rights:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- the Categories of Personal Information we have collected from you
- the business purposes for which such Personal Information was collected
- the Sources of Personal Information we have collected from you
- the specific pieces of Personal Information stored about you
- the categories of 3rd parties with whom we share Personal Information
- If we shared your Personal Information for a business purpose, the categories of Personal Information that each category of recipient obtained.
- Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information that has been collected and retained from you subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete your Personal Information from our records, unless there is an applicable exception. We may deny your deletion request if we need to retain the information to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 ).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
If none of the foregoing exceptions applies, and we delete the information in compliance with your verifiable request, we will also direct our applicable service providers to delete your personal information.
You or an authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may exercise the Rights twice in a 12-month period. Your verifiable request must include sufficient detail for us to understand, evaluate, and respond to it. It must also provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the individual about whom we have collected Personal Information or an authorized agent representing the individual. Please note that in some cases we may need to obtain information from you as part of the verification process to verify your identity to a reasonable degree. We may require you to provide Personal Information as part of the verification process. For authorized agents, we may require a signed, written authorization, a notarized affidavit, or a valid power of attorney. We will only use this information for the purpose of verifying the requestor’s identity or authority. To exercise these rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us written notification to the below address providing your name, address, phone number, and email address and your request for either Right to Know or Right to Request Deletion of your personal information as defined in the CCPA.
2100A Abbot Kinney Boulevard
Venice, CA 90291
We will acknowledge your right to know or deletion request within ten (10) business days of receipt and provide information about how we will process the request. In many cases we will respond to your request within 45 days. In some cases, we may extend the time to respond for another 45 days. If this extension is necessary, we will give you notice and the reason that we need the additional time to respond.
If we are unable to verify your identity or your authority to make the request within 45 days, we cannot fully respond to you and may deny your request. We may in such cases elect to treat the deletion request as an opt-out request. For requests seeking specific pieces of information, we will treat it as a request for the disclosure of the categories of Personal Information about the consumer.
We retain records of your requests, including the request data, nature of the request, manner of submission, the response and any basis of denial for a period of 24 months.
We will not discriminate against you in terms of services, the level or quality of services, or pricing for exercising any of your CCPA rights. If there are excessive requests, we may charge a reasonable fee as permitted under the CCPA.
RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF DATA SALES FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
We do not sell your covered information, as defined by Section 603A.320 of the Nevada Revised Statutes. If you reside in Nevada, you have the right to submit a request to us at email@example.com to us regarding the sale of covered information. Please include “Nevada” in your email subject line and include the following information in your email: your name, Nevada resident address, and email address. We will respond within sixty (60) days of receiving your request.
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please call us at 310-593-4833 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.